Monday, September 28, 2009

THE HENRY MILLER MEMORIAL LIBRARY

On Saturday, my sister, her husband, and another friend came down for a visit to see The Dodos play at the Henry Miller Memorial Library in Big Sur.  This was the neatest venue nestled in the forest off the coast of Highway 1.  The weather was just perfect.  Several bands played and I was really into one of the opening bands.  The Mumlers.  They had a modern folk sound and were all very talented musicians.  For those of you in the Bay Area who are curious about them, they will actually be playing at The Hemlock Tavern in the near future.  Go see them!

So part of the venue is a small bookstore and I found a great book to keep me company for awhile.  I've only started it, but I know I'm going to enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment