Wednesday, October 14, 2009

24 with 3

MY COLOR PENCILS NEATLY ORGANIZED BY COLOR


COLOR PENCIL EXERCISE

Due to the rain last night, much of Monterey experienced a power outage and we were without power for most of the evening.  I actually love black outs because it forces you to be inventive with your time.  My roommates and I decided to make our first fire in the working fire place.  It was too bad we didn't have smore making ingredients.  But we did have wine, and we did have our sketchbooks.  I did a little watercolor sketch of the fire, sorted my color pencils that up until this point had been a mixed bag of nuts, and penciled in a color wheel using only three pencils - process red, true blue and yellow.  It never ceases to amaze me that all colors can pretty much be made up of those three colors.  That and color swatches.  I still swoon every time I flip through a pantone color deck or pretty much anything organized by color.

No comments:

Post a Comment