Friday, October 9, 2009

AS PROMISED...

UNKNOWN FLOWERING TREE - CLICK TO ENLARGE

Here is the finished drawing from my last post, and my first drawing using an eye patch.  Well, I of course didn't use an eyepatch for the whole drawing.  I only used it when drawing the preliminary sketch through the grid.

I found this specimen on a walk to the park.  I have never seen anything like it before.  At first glance, it looked like a conifer of some sort, but on closer inspection, the tree was flowering.  So those pine cone-y looking things are in fact fruits and the things that have a remarkable resemblance to needles are actually leaves!  If any of you know what this is, please let me know.  Meanwhile, I'm going to look through books to see if I can identify it.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you kept your promise and posted this. I also recall another promise involving song...

    ReplyDelete