Monday, January 11, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL

It's that time! After having been on break for about 5 weeks, it's exciting to get back into the swing of things at school. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed having a break and all the play time I had birding, hiking, kayaking, surfing, skiing, going to the movies, nice dinners, etc. I'm just excited because our projects this term will be more involved and complicated both technically and conceptually as well. Not to mention, we will be working in COLOR!!! Yipee! Here is the list of classes:

Design of Information Graphics
Science Illustration in Color
Applied Techniques
Applied Techniques in Color

Did you notice we are now at four classes/week instead of three? They refer to this program as a "boot camp" and it really is just that. Love it!

We have some really cool assignments including designing a magazine spread, illustrating a editorial/conceptual piece, re-constructing a sculpted human head from a skull, learning gouache and acrylic, and In-Design. Jenny emailed some examples of editoral/conceptual pieces. Somewhat intimidating but very exciting.







Pretty cool, huh?

Ooh! The other exciting thing about this term is surfing! CSUMB offers a surfing course through the Kinesiology department and I'm going to enroll. I've become absolutely determined to learn. I think it's mainly because it is SUCH a challenge for me and defeating a difficult task is oh so satisfying. So we'll see how that goes as well!

Okay! Check back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment